Mr. Humayun Bashir – Chairman NCCPL Board
National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (“NCCPL”) is pleased to announce the appointment of independent directors and new Chairman
National Clearing Company of Pakistan Limited (“NCCPL”) is an infrastructure institution of Pakistan's Capital Market, acting as a Central Counterparty and the only licensed entity providing clearing and settlement services for trades and transactions executed at the Securities Exchange. In additional to clearing and settlement services, NCCPL also computes, determines, collects and deposits Capital Gain Tax (“CGT”) on disposal of listed Securities, units of open ended mutual funds and trading of future commodity contracts as per CGT regime implemented by Federal Board of Revenue
NCCPL, in pursuance of the provisions stipulated under Clearing Houses (Licensing and Operations) Regulations, 2016 has appointed two independent directors on its Board on March 05, 2021 after obtaining the approval of Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan. Further, in accordance with the requirement of the Regulations, the Board has re-elected Mr. Humayun Bashir as its Chairman from amongst the independent directors.
Mr. Humayun Bashir has over 40 years of diversified experience with IBM in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and MEA Headquarters. He served as Country Head at IBM Pakistan for more than 16 years. He holds an Engineering degree and has completed various business management and leadership courses from IBA, IBM Academy NY, INSEAD France and Boston University, USA.
The NCCPL’s Board now comprise of 11 directors including 7 shareholder’s representatives, two independent directors, nominee from Federal Board of Revenue and the Chief Executive Officer. The Board comprises of:
- Mr. Humayun Bashir (Chairman of the Board)
- Mr. Muhammad Lukman, Chief Executive Officer
- Ms. Aliya Yusuf- Independent director
- Mr. Farrukh Khan- Non Executive Director
- Mr. You Hang- Non Executive Director
- Mr. Ahmed Chinoy- Non Executive Director
- Mr. Muhammad Ashraf Bawany- Non Executive Director
- Mr. Rashid Rahman Mir- Non Executive Director
- Mr. Zahid Latif Khan- Non Executive Director
- Mr. Mubashar Maqbool- Non Executive Director
- Ch. Muhammad Tariq- FBR’s nominee.
The Board members hold rich and vast management experience of various sectors.